£71.25 / Offer - £58.00
- We want you to try something different from the land of wine, we've all had the Merlot's, Cabernet's, Chardonnays, Pinot Noir's and Sauvignon's, and whilst still brilliant grapes, we thought we would challenge your palate to something else...
- Crozes Hermitage 'L'Etincelle', Domaine St Clair - dark and dense glass of red, but not the weighty, heavy Rhône style. It’s chewy and mouth filling, but doesn’t wear out your palate. The profile is classic Northern Rhône Syrah - savoury black fruit, black pepper and a smokey meatiness on the nose, with clove and violets in the mouth. Beautiful.
- Chanturgue, Pierre Goigoux - This red blend of Gamay and Pinot Noir from the central French region of Auvergne is more full-bodied than one might expect. The Gamay is grown on volcanic soils giving it a pretty red fruit nose with a touch of minerality. Over all, floral and peppery with great structure and a delicate touch of spicy aromas.
- Viognier Domaine des Anges 'Cherubin' - A white from The Rhone Valley - complex, expressive and true to type with some hints of grassy herbaceousous-ness, exotic fruits and apricots finishing with the aroma of orange blossom. The palate is rich and fleshy, nicely balanced by its freshness. Once again there is a taste of exotic fruit, apricots and citrus fruits, giving an all-over impression of multi-faceted flavour and freshness.
- Saumur 'Le Dame', Domaine de Rocheville - a classic 100% Chenin Blanc from The Loire Valley - elegant and subtle. Aromas of white flowers, tropical fruit and citrus scents. On the palate this wine is mellow and full of finesse seduced by its exceptional intensity.
- Offers, Red, White
- Sub Location
- Loire Valley, Rhône